[Noisebridge-discuss] Problem: people seeing NB as a backup shelter

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Sat May 10 00:28:39 UTC 2014

I'm just reiterating my own stances said elsewhere.

Basically, I'm a proponent of Approach #3.

Important points:

* the front door key is not a form of security; it's a meme promoting
Noisebridge.

* changing the way the front door operates requires the use of social
capital w/ the landlord and tenants.  Right now the landlord is
disturbed by the Electrical Situation -- not a good time to bother him
about other things.

* installing RFID at the top door seems like the smartest addition of
security in terms of workingness (keyfobs are less easily duplicable
than key codes and just as revokable) and in terms of the work
involved (not removing anything from the front door, just installing
something new).

* yes, this is still basically security theater -- unless we also
restrict access via the elevator.

--Naomi