[Noisebridge-discuss] Project Smashed at Noisebridge

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Fri May 16 18:00:02 UTC 2014

On Thursday, May 15, 2014 23:29:34 Johny Radio wrote:
> ==
> Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
>
>  >>Where was it and how long were you away for it, roughly? At risk of
>
> starting a witch hunt, maybe someone saw something?
>
>      --Happened Sunday May 4. Was in the carry-bag until yesterday,
> that's why i just discovered it. Not really sure when it happened or who
> was there, as i was focused on hacking. However, the kitchen-lady
> offered me a bracelet "in case you're looking for copper". I would be
> happy if NB could just bring back docents or secure project storage (but
> i understand some members are against project storage because that's
> anti-self-sufficiency).

I think the better question here is, "Does having secure project storage
further the goals of noisebridge?"

Which then circles back to the questions that nobody seems to answer: Whats
noisebridge all about?

IMO, having private member storage as a mere fraction of the floorspace that
is reserved for those who want it and left alone by those who will not use it
can solve this recurring issue of people having their stuff stolen and damaged
in an otherwise public place.