[Noisebridge-discuss] anon editing on front pages allowed again.

Simon C. Ion ion.simon.c at gmail.com
Wed May 21 12:42:43 UTC 2014

On 05/20/2014 11:47 AM, Jess wrote:
> I think that not having people's RL information
> spammed is much more important than preserving the ability for someone to
> make "anonymous"/"not-logged-in" edits.

Frankly, folks who want to grief juicy targets will create one or more
throwaway accounts, wait out the waiting period, and then let the
activities commence. Disabling not-logged-in edits won't do much to
change that.

> If it's really important, you can
> wait until you get to a terminal you trust to do it.

Small one-off changes really aren't all that important in the grand
scheme of things. However, the impact of all of those small changes is
often pretty large. The vast majority of the edits I've made to wikis on
The Web have been when not-logged-in. If I had been required to log in,
I would not have performed those edits. But, perhaps I'm atypical.