[Noisebridge-discuss] Stuxnet at Techno-Activism Third Mondays: this Monday, 6PM EFF HQ

danny at eff.org danny at eff.org
Sun Nov 16 21:48:57 UTC 2014

This month, Kim Zetter, author of "Countdown to Zero Day:
Stuxnet and the Launch of the World's First Digital Weapon," will be
here to give the inside history of the virus aimed at Iran's
nuclear development program: what it illustrates about government
offensive capabilities in malware, and what we might expect in the
future. We'll also talk about the latest news, including EFF's Secure
Messaging Scorecard, and aerial mobile phone surveillance.

Plus special guests, networking, and a chance to chat about your own
activism projects or find about others going on in your city.

TA3M SF is at 6PM at EFF HQ, 815 Eddy St, San Francisco. Call x200
to be let into the building.

Techno-Activism Third Mondays (TA3M) are informal meetups designed
to connect software creators and activists who are interested in
censorship, surveillance, and open technology. Currently, TA3Ms are held
in fifteen cities throughout the world, and growing. As the name
implies, it is held on the third Monday of each month.

Bonus links:
  Kim Zetter: http://www.wired.com/author/kimzetter/
  Countdown to Zero Day: http://www.randomhouse.com/book/219931/countdown-to-zero-day-by-kim-zetter
  Secure Messaging Scorecard: https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard
  Aerial mobile phone surveillance (and winner of best URL award):
       http://www.wired.com/2014/11/feds-motherfng-stingrays-motherfng-plan