[Noisebridge-discuss] Infobanana: The Noisebridge Kiosk

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Sat Oct 18 04:43:38 UTC 2014

Greetings, hackers.

Sometime this evening I asked around for a good name for the kiosk and someone
suggested "Infobanana".

SO BE IT!

Also I got the touchscreen working with some code I found elsewhere. The
screen really needs calibrated and stuff, but I've got tools for that
elsewhere. I understand the unexcellence of building something without leaving
behind documentation, but the kiosk technically isn't done yet so I think that
can be excused until I'm back in the space again.

I'll write up a more detailed explanation of its inner workings and its UI,
along with performing the same readonly-root song and dance I did with scribe,
the printer server.

Things that still need done on it:

* Attaching some sort of shelf for a keyboard
* Getting the label printer I reallocated from another, more dead space to
print labels
* Readonly root
* Touchscreen calibration
* Repackaging these things for redistribution and re-imaging
* Configuring the UI to be more noisebridge and less that-other-space
* Setting up the laptop to boot up when power is applied