[Noisebridge-discuss] [Build] Stop taking down the Church projector

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 15:05:55 UTC 2014

Thanks, Robin!  Sounds way cool to me.  Got some idea of how long to wait? Please keep us posted.

Mitch.

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 00:32:02 -0700
From: rubin at starset.net
To: jeffreyatw at gmail.com; morenoh149 at gmail.com
CC: build at lists.noisebridge.net; noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
Subject: Re: [Build] [Noisebridge-discuss] Stop taking down the Church	projector

Dear projector hungry citizens of Noisebridgdom:

The meeting notes don't do a good job at summarizing the end outcome of
discussion related to this topic. My level of commitment still stands. I
am willing to take lead on making this happen but only in the method of...

1. Me personally buying all of this gear at once
2. Scheduling a whole day with the group to get this shit installed
3. Having it all get installed at once
4. Later asking if the group would like to donate into any sort of
reimbursement fund for the money spent

I do not have the time nor the patience to assist or manage this work in
phases. I also don't want to play the game of too many cooks in the
kitchen managing making this happen. I've got a fairly good plan on how
to install the majority of this A/V gear into the space so that it
doesn't walk off too easily, or cables and adapters going missing
(making the whole setup unusable for a drop in teacher).

It is totally understandable to Noisebridge has an itch to make some of
this stuff happen. So far I am the only person that has a plan put
together to do so, there's even a budget if you hop up a few messages in
this thread. The space has been functioning mostly fine in its janky A/V
state for the last few years. All that I ask is it just wait a little
while longer and I'll be more than happy to execute this plan.

Thanks.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net