[Noisebridge-discuss] B.A.C.H. + next Citizen Kino episode + housing struggles

podinski pod at xlterrestrials.org
Thu Oct 16 21:53:00 UTC 2014

hi Dzmitry,

Dr.Podinski - the character navigating the media event - doesn't remember
specifically advocating drug use...

i personally have mixed feelings about the 'drug culture' as it currently
exists in the US for example.

We screened the clip because it's an interesting, strange, funny and
authentic clip. Dr.Podinski may have related a story that at a previous
show someone requested that we include something about drugs and mind
explorations in our show, as perhaps a counterpoint to the
technological-oriented hack culture. Drug-use has been described by some
as " neurological and/or consciousness hacking".

And psychotropics in particular are for us - XLterrestrials - an
interesting topic... and i'm very curious about how they are useful as
self-discovery tools, transpersonal psychology research , shamanistic
practices, etc...

They are not risk free, but whether they Should be illegal substances is
an ongoing debate. but that's a long topic, and very complex in regards to
the wide range of substances out there.

appreciate your comments, thx !

pod

p.s. And i have heard about the drug problems ( meth? ) at NB before the
reboot, and i take that as a very serious issue. so will take what you are
saying into account with future shows.