[Noisebridge-discuss] server for internet access in China?

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Thu Oct 30 15:17:52 UTC 2014

My understanding is that these days VPN's are often intermittently blocked
in China (by protocol) -- you may be able to use them, but you may not.

18 months ago, the most common method for bypassing the GFW in this survey
http://www.robinsonyu.com/pdfs/CollateralFreedom.pdf was GoAgent
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoAgent which I think is still popular. It's
an open source proxy that uses Google's free tier of appspot services to
create a proxy. Appspot is blocked in China, but you can get any
Google-owned IP to serve appspot content by changing the Host header in the
http request. It's pretty easy to set up.

https://github.com/goagent

Hope that helps!

d.