[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker Trip To China in November

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 17:09:26 UTC 2014

I'm planning another Hacker Trip To China, and there is still room for others to join in.

Please feel free to pass this along to anyone you think may be
    interested (or anyone who may want to be added to my list for future
    trips).

    The previous 3 Hacker Trips To China have been really wonderful.

    This year's Hacker Trip To China is from 3-November through
    24-November.

    This trip is NOT a "Tour Package".  I have created an tentative
    itinerary, with some cool things to do/visit, and we collectively
    create many of the details as we go along.  Everyone is on their own
    to get their plane ticket to land in Beijing on or before November
    3rd.  I'll arrange for housing and transportation between
    destinations.  For any costs I have to pay for in advance, you can
    pay me back during the trip.

    As with the previous Hacker Trips To China, we'll again be visiting
    Chinese hackerspaces, my manufacturer and other manufacturers, and
    we'll be shown around by local geeks everywhere we go.  Of course,
    there will also be plenty of time to do the normal "tourist" things
    (which are spectacular!).  This trip will also include visits to
    Tsinghua university and other schools -- all of which want
    hackerspaces!  We'll also be going to the International Exhibition
    of Inventions Kunshan (IEIK 2014), which is a huge Maker-Faire-ish
    event near Shanghai. where we will have a table to show off stuff,
    if you like.

    Everyone can, if they want, give talks and workshops along the way
    -- there will be plenty of opportunities.

    I've created a tentative itinerary, subject to change by the group
    as we desire:

       2-November-2014 -- Leave home for Beijing

       3-November-2014 -- Meet in Beijing

       3-November to 10-November -- Beijing

      10-November to 15-November -- Shenzhen / Guangzhou

      15-November to 19-November -- Shanghai

      19-November to 23-November -- Kunshan

      23-November to 24-November -- Shanghai

      24-November-2014 -- fly home (arrive NA or EU on same day)

    Everyone is welcome to join me for any or all adventures after
      24-November:

         I'll continue to stay in China, eventually
      getting back to Beijing, where I'll fly to Singapore:

      24-November to 1-December -- make my way to Beijing

       1-December to 11-December -- Singapore

      11-December-2014 -- fly home

    Please let me know if you are interested in joining me for any or
    all of this trip.

    If you are interested, you'll need a passport that is good for at
    least 6 months, and you'll need to get to a Chinese Consulate
    twice:  once to apply for a visa, which takes 4 business days, and
    again to pick up your visa.

    More info (including visa details and costs) is on the wiki page I
    created for this fourth Hacker Trip To China:

    https://noisebridge.net/wiki/NoisebridgeChinaTrip4

    The first 10 people to buy their plane tickets so that they arrive
    in Beijing on or before 3-November are in!

    Please feel free to add your name to the bottom of the wiki page if
    you are interested:

https://noisebridge.net/wiki/NoisebridgeChinaTrip4#People_interested_in_going_on_the_Hacker_Trip_to_China_.234.2C_2014:

    Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

    Best,

    Mitch.