[Noisebridge-discuss] question about pots

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 18:54:53 UTC 2014

Not all bending is best done on the solder side ....

One method of Bending is using clips to component leads whilst sussing out
"what" it does.

In the case of Pot Hacks=  it's an easy way of using a pot with microclip
end leads to pull a circuit point up to volts or down to ground.

I don't know which bin NB currently has suitable clips in but I"ve also
made clips from midsize safety pins and insulation sleeving.

Slide the insulation from a stripped wire of appropriate size over a safety
pin's sharp end- dimensioned to reproduce factory clip's slide insulation
after the point end of aforementiones pin is bent back into a smallish
"J"hook suited for holding onto transistor/resistor leads etc.

Hook goes around lead. Insulation slides toward hook.. Bend away:>

Sighs. me has to now do a piccy session.

Oren Beck

816.632.3695