[Noisebridge-discuss] Markdown in the wiki

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Sat Apr 4 21:39:50 UTC 2015

Hei, Noisebridge

I've had this itch, you see. An itch that needed scratching.

noisebridge.net uses mediawiki. Its huge. Its complicated. The syntax is
bespoke. We use maybe 1% of all of its functionality. My itch is that we (and
other hackerspaces) can do better.

I have scratched it by writing a thing called SpaceWiki:

http://ratchet.noisebridge.systems/wiki/

There are no logins needed, reverting pages is a manual process, the whole
thing is stored in a sqlite database, and it kinda almost has a RESTful API.

Please do try and break it so I can fix things you find. Most of the syntax is
handled here:

https://github.com/tdfischer/spacewiki/blob/master/templates/page.html#L21
https://github.com/tdfischer/spacewiki/blob/master/filters.py

I'm going to hack on a mediawiki importer thing this weekend to see how hard
it'd be to import the entire noisebridge wiki verbatim into this and fix things
up to not be awful.