[Noisebridge-discuss] FW: Looking for an expert on Silicon Valley history / Nerd Culture

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 25 07:59:22 UTC 2015

This request for an interview came in on the "press" email.  Anyone interested?  Please contact Rob directly.

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 12:39:13 -0400
Subject: Looking for an expert on Silicon Valley history / Nerd Culture
From: robertfantinatto at gmail.com
To: press at noisebridge.net

My name is Robert Fantinatto, and I am the producer and director of a Canadian pop culture web series, currently being repackaged for TV, called "Where Cool Came From" (WCCF). WCCF looks at cool things in our modern culture (eg tattoos, vinyl records, electric cars) and traces the history of how they became popular or cool. I'm reaching out to request an interview for an episode on "Geeks." Here's the premise: "In the last 5 years, nerd culture has gone mainstream. We're exploring why the geek has become cool."  Specifically, we would like to explore Silicon Valley's seminal role in changing the public's perception of computers, and computer developers/programmers, from niche/techy/hobbyist, to cool.WCCF is planning a west coast trip in mid-May, and would love to film a segment with anyone from Noisebridge that may have some insight into the development of Silicon Valley.  We will be in the area on May 13-14, ideally our show's host would love to visit some key locations in the area with someone from your group.

Here's a few samples of WCCF for you to check out:

Gadgets - Hack Your Life
http://www.wherecoolcamefrom.com/video/hack-life/
Analog audio - Vinyl Rules:
http://www.wherecoolcamefrom.com/video/vinyl-rules/