[Noisebridge-discuss] groups / classes on circuit design

Zach organic_unity at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 19:56:22 UTC 2015

Hi Henry (and everyone else),
  I actually taught a class for the reboot that covers a lot of this stuff.  I specialize in hardware (NOT code, heh) and have been doing professional technician work and hardware hacks for nearly 12 years now.  The class I taught before was a big success and I've been trying to gauge interest and availability for doing another one.

I could do next Monday at 6pm, would that work for people?

The idea is to have an intermediate class that takes the skills people learn from Mitch and others to apply them to more projects.  Here are some topics we could work with:

* DIY soundsystems: Intro to everything about making a soundsystem from scratch.  opamps, preamps, gainclone amps, classic AB setups, newer class D systems, speaker physics, crossovers (passive and active) and speaker frequency info.  This would be for people that are interested in having a soundsystem on their bike or making a DIY/Hifi one for home

* Basic electronics components introduction: crash course on resistors, capacitors (ceramic, electrolytic, etc), diodes, fuses (glass, pico), transistors, SMD v. thru hole, etc. etc.

* Video hacking: learning about encoding/decoding/transcoding video formats and what they all are: composite, s video, component, vga, hdmi- upscanning, downscanning, etc.learn to build your own RGB encoder.

* Laptop / desktop repair: taking apart and repairing all sorts of computer stuff.  Could do basics on RAM, HDDs, etc or more advanced like GPU reflow/ taking apart those MACs.

-Zach