[Noisebridge-discuss] Hackerspace API?

Patrick O'Doherty p at trickod.com
Wed Apr 8 17:19:41 UTC 2015

Still very much a work in progress.

earl, the daemon that manages the access control exposes event data over
TCP and HTTP[0]. If one wants to write a separate daemon that listens
for these events and then exposes this space api that'd be really neat.

specifically I don't think this should go into earl itself, but rather
another little service that acts as the intermediary between the big
bad internet and the important thing that runs our doors.

[0] -
https://github.com/hzeller/rfid-access-control/blob/master/software/earl/http-api.go
On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 09:14:27PM -0700, Jacob Fenwick wrote:
> http://hackaday.com/2015/04/02/finally-a-hardware-hackerspace-map-for-the-apocalypse/
>
> Has Noisebridge implemented this API that says when they're open or not?
>
> Now that there's an elite group of people who have keys to the inner
> sanctum, it might be useful to implement a way for the last person leaving
> to lock up and let everyone know that Noisebridge is closed.

Patrick O'Doherty
+1 (650) 701-7829