[Noisebridge-discuss] Decent source for 8x8 LED matrices?

Anders Nelson anders.k.nelson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:13:32 UTC 2015

Oh herro,

I'm prototyping a new display driver circuit and I need to find some red
and white (or blue) common anode LED matrices. I'm looking for the 20mm
kind, and preferably with a diffused lens. Red allows me to test at the
low-Vf range and white/blue allows me to test the high-Vf range. I'm
looking to buy 20pcs each color.

Adafruit sells these for a zillion dollars each, and I can buy a thousand
units at a few dollars each via Alibaba but I'm trying to not blow what
little funding we have on something so short-lived.

Anyone know of a distributor that sells these for a few bucks each in small
quantity?

Anders loves you!

--
Anders Nelson