[Noisebridge-discuss] Bernie?

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Tue Aug 25 07:08:32 UTC 2015

So we're both in agreement that you're not giving legal advice. This was a
reply to someone suggesting we seek legal advice.

I'm really not sure what you've got to contribute here. Do you want
Noisebridge to not seek legal advice and instead follow yours? Until Actual
Legal Advice is given out by an Actual Lawyer, everyone's advice is
speculation that doesn't actually answer the original question of whether or
not Noisebridge can legally provide resources in a specific context. Second
best way to make this decision would be for everyone involved to feel
comfortable about the situation.

In various parts of this thread some idea or another has been presented that
runs contrary to the position presented that it isn't okay for that to happen,
and no real argument has countered it beyond "dunno, thats probably wrong".
Spurts at discussion about the topic are met with frustratingly opaque
statements that amount to categorical denial of any alternative interpretation
to freely available information.

Some evidence to support the position you hold would be appreciated. Lawyers
can be very expensive, and if there is sufficient evidence to convince those
participating that the idea is risky enough, perhaps minds can be changed.
Shutting down a conversation like this with absolute statements without any
visible form of support beyond self-confidence is not productive.

I do not believe we've met in person but I would be interested in having a
conversation with you in that environment about the legal implications.