[Noisebridge-discuss] chat.noisebridge.net is live!

Patrick O'Doherty p at trickod.com
Mon Dec 7 06:04:42 UTC 2015

Hey all,

A while ago I deployed a mattermost install for Noisebridge to play
around with. Initial feedback was good, so I've gone ahead and created a
full install @ chat.noisebridge.net.

Mattermost is an open source alternative to Slack with many of the same
features that we like, without any of the proprietary bits in the mix.

Importantly, unlike slack, this Mattermost install allows open signup.

You can signup yourself at https://chat.noisebridge.net/noisebridge.

Hope to see you all there!

p.s. there are complimentary projects that exist that add certain IRC
functionality to mattermost, specifically the ability to relay a
particular channel to an IRC chananel, but also an IRC gateway similar
to Slacks which allows people to use mattermost without using the web
client. If people would be interested in using these let me know and
I'll look into deploying them too.