[Noisebridge-discuss] heating @ 2169

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 07:01:37 UTC 2015

The only thing I can remember from Noisebridge History was using that
clear plastic window winterizing stuff that we used on the skylights.
I do not remember if that was still there the last time I was in the
space but we should put that back and also perhaps on the normal
windows.  Winterizing and perhaps putting some heaters might help, it
might even be better if we were to get some solar heating/energy going
to power some sort of heater.  Heaters use a lot of power but
http://www.builditsolar.com/Experimental/PopCanVsScreen/PopCanVsScreen.htm
might be interesting to put in our windows.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 10:49 PM, Phillip Pearson <pp at myelin.co.nz> wrote:
> I had a tiny Vornado Personal Heater running to keep the 3D printer and
> myself at operating temperature today, and it worked pretty well. Only warms
> up a small amount of air, but works pretty well when you're right in front
> of it...
>
> Cheers,
> Phil
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 1, 2015, at 10:42 PM, Trent Robbins <robbintt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My feeling is that the ceilings are quite high and the costs of electric
> space heaters can be extreme. There is a type of propane barn heater which
> is good in theory but a huge fire risk in practice.
>
> Is there some way we could trap the air a little better in the space? I know
> winterproofing exists but I don't think it is a quick job. It also prevents
> the sealed windows from being opened.
>
> FYI I recommend retreating to turing for warmth, with the doors closed.

> On Tuesday, December 1, 2015, Patrick O'Doherty <p at trickod.com> wrote:
>>
>> hey folks.
>>
>> it's cold in SF this week which means it's quite cold in the space too.
>>
>> outside of closing the windows and doors we don't have much in the way
>> of keeping the space warm.
>>
>> would a few space heaters for classrooms in particular be enough to stop
>> attendance waning?
>>
>> have we had any successful heating experiments in years past?

> --
> (Sent from cellphone)

Ronald Cotoni
Systems Engineer