[Noisebridge-discuss] Five Minutes of Fame returns Feb 19th!

Josh Juran jjuran at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 10:50:17 UTC 2015

On Feb 6, 2015, at 12:13 PM, Mitch Altman <maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Noisebridge's ever popular 5 Minutes of Fame returns!
> Please come!
> 19-Feb, 7pm.
> Ten 5-minute talks in an hour!
> More info on attending, and to submit a proposal for your 5 Minutes of Fame:
> https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Five_Minutes_of_Fame

Hi, I'd love to give another talk at 5MoF.  The link <http://5mof.net/signup/> is broken, though.

Also, what's the recording situation?  I very much hope that recording will happen.  However, after being unable to recover my own talks from Ustream, I'm requiring that if my talk is recorded, a copy must be kept of the official video (or if none official, then at least one unofficial video) and offered to me at its original resolution in a format I can use and archive (and under a free license) as a prerequisite for streaming or otherwise uploading the video to sharing services.  (In the absence of an official video, a volunteer recording the talk on my own phone is sufficient.)  I hope this isn't a problem.

Also, a mic that leaves both hands free would be sweet for live demos.

TL;DR:  Streaming in realtime to Ustream without keeping a local copy to give me is right out.

Josh