[Noisebridge-discuss] ESP8266 - $5 wifi module w/ GPIO, Lua firmware, etc. - Group Order?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Jan 27 17:52:55 UTC 2015

According to
https://scargill.wordpress.com/2014/12/12/esp-12-the-shielded-esp8266/
there are two different PCBs being sold as ESP-12, one of them has 2mm
pin spacing and the other has 2.54mm (0.1").  They are visually distinct
(16 pin vs 18 pin, and different length), but buyer beware...

No matter which module we get I'd be delighted to go in on a order of
breakout PCBs if that is helpful, and also a soldering night at
Noisebridge to help everybody get their modules mounted on boards.

-andy