[Noisebridge-discuss] Coursera: The R Language Programming Study Group, August 3 - 29

Michael Toren mct at toren.net
Mon Jul 20 21:04:42 UTC 2015

Coursera is offering a four week online class introducing the R programming
language, running August 3rd through the 29th.  R is typically used for
statistical analysis and graphing.  You should have some basic programming
knowledge and some familiarity with statistics.  Here's their blurb about
the class, from https://www.coursera.org/course/rprog:

	> In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to
	> use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install
	> and configure software necessary for a statistical programming
	> environment and describe generic programming language concepts
	> as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language.
	> The course covers practical issues in statistical computing
	> which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing
	> R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code,
	> and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical
	> data analysis will provide working examples.

Let's form a study/discussion group!  I think quorum would be at least four
people, including myself.  We'll pick a day of the week to meet for the
four weeks the class is running.  Please commit to coming to those four
sessions once we pick a day that works for everyone.

Thanks,
-mct