[Noisebridge-discuss] Laser cutter repair bounty

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Sat Jul 11 21:41:42 UTC 2015

I'd rather you guys organize some time where everyone who wants to help has
time (get creative, there are some online find-free-time-slots-for-a-couple
of people online. @rubin was using one of these recently).

Money won't get things done, chip in an hour of your work. _That_ would
help more getting this done.

I am happy to help, but being alone working on that will take weeks of time
here and there.

What needs to be done, and with a few people, that would be doable in an
afternoon.
   - check if we have the water pump and air pump in working condition. If
not, get new ones.
   - Get a bucket of 5 Gallons of distilled water.
   - Connect the laser tube to the high voltage power supply (as far as I
know, the new tube is already in the cutter)000
   - calibrate things, mirrors and stuff.
   - make a free space in the corner of Noisebridge next to the windows,
now full of DJ gear.
   - Find a table to put it on permanently.
   - Prepare an outlet in the window where we can connect the blower pipe.
   - Get the software installed somewhere (I think Jarrod has a license key
somewhere and we need a windows machine).

-h