[Noisebridge-discuss] Internet Ungovernance Forum

Spider Wagner Pyter wagnerpyter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 06:09:35 UTC 2015

email:  iuf at piratas.xyz

Internet Ungovernance Forum Brasil is for those of us who demand free,
secure, and open internet for all!

We're organizing the Internet Ungovernance Forum on November 2015, for
everyone who demand that fundamental freedoms, openness, unity and net
neutrality remain the building blocks of the Internet. Our objective
is to talk about the true and real problems of the internet, how can
we solve them and to chart a path for action.

Our forum will be in parallel to the Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
2015 which will also be held in João Pessoa in november. Interested
parties all around the world will join and follow this important
event. However, we see that at IGF the most urgent problems of the
Internet do not get proper attention. Due to its format, the main
perpetrators of many of the Internet's problems, for example the
governments and corporations, are getting representation in IGF that
they don’t deserve. Given these circumstances, we decided to take
initiative to defend the Internet as we know it and to create a
parallel space to raise the voices of civil society initiatives,
activists and common people.

For us, the most vital problems today are censorship and freedom of
speech; surveillance and privacy; excessive commercialization and
super-monopolies; protective, prohibitionist and conservative
governance approaches; awful governance examples as in the case of
Brasil and the list goes on. Further, we do not see any of these
problems independent of the greater political, social and economic
contexts in which the Internet and related digital infrastructures are
embedded in.

We want to reclaim the Internet as a fundamental infrastructure of our
societies, cities, education, health, work, media, communications,
culture and everyday activities.

We call on our participants to resist seeing the problems of the
Internet as only technological and void of its materiality.

http://iuf.piratas.xyz