[Noisebridge-discuss] Reviving the 311 service: Need volunteers!

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 14 02:37:36 UTC 2015

Thanks, Patrick!

I'll volunteer to be on the 311 contact list.  I'll email you off-line with my SMS gateway email address.

Best,
Mitch.

------------
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 15:54:01 -0700
From: p at trickod.com
To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] Reviving the 311 service: Need volunteers!

Hey folks,

I'm reviving the 311 service at Noisebridge[0], and am looking for
volunteers to put on the roster.

The basic idea is to have a phone number and email address that people
can use to summon help when something's happening at the space and they
need backup.

If you want to volunteer to help out when the space is in need, please
send me an SMS gateway email address for your cell phone. You'll be
added to the list of recipients. You can find a comprehensive list of
SMS email gateways here[1]

In addition to this I'll revive the conference-call functionality that
used to exist for coordinating responses when the service is used.

Cheers!

[0] - https://noisebridge.net/wiki/311
[1] - http://sweetnam.eu/index.php/List_of_Internet_to_SMS_gateways