[Noisebridge-discuss] Quick poll: Would being able to donate / pay dues easily with ACH be useful to you?

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Mon Jun 22 19:27:51 UTC 2015

My $0.02 input:

ACH is horrifying, so if the service used for this kept us from having to do
any security around PCI or KYC, that'd be perfect

This would be really good for the 3 or so folks who have a bank account but
(mysteriously) don't have a debit card

I'd use it since then I wouldn't have to worry about updating my card details
when new cards are reissued or my existing one is stolen by roving gangs of
libertarians or government thugs

Good for large sum corporate donations

Hella cheaper, especially for recurring payments that can go on for years

If this could be used to convert paper checks into e-checks that'd be one less
reason to hit up the bank

ACH is instant, so we'd have money in our account sooner, but I don't think
the lag between "someone agreed to give us money" and "their money is
available for us to spend" (aka settlement) is a pressing concern despite
being broke.

Pulling up my ACH credentials is a bear but usually only happens once and I
never have to worry about it for the next few years.

+1 for ACH, but then again it sounds like you'll be the one implementing it