[Noisebridge-discuss] From wheel to pulley

Nir Lev nlev0nlev0 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 06:42:48 UTC 2015

Hey guys,

Thanks to the help of Jarrod, I was able to operate the table saw and
achieve producing a wooden wheel.

I wish to convert this wheel into a pulley wheel.

>From scouring YouTube, my possible techniques are:
- Stick the wheel to a mill, apply some mechanism that will stabilize a
wooden carver while I push it into the wheel.
- Build a construction that wheel hold the wheel above the table saw, in a
way that I will be able to rotate the wheel above the saw. Bonus for adding
mechanism that will shift the wheel to the sides by a bit (that can be
achieved by playing with the table saw fence, inch by inch).
- Instead of a mill, use a lathe.

Any other techniques, that would allow for as much precision as possible?

Thanks,
Nir