[Noisebridge-discuss] Open Tech vs Closed Tech debate?

Louis Huang louis.huang at aegia.nu
Thu May 21 05:39:44 UTC 2015

> A sense of being exploited, maybe?

Pent up emotions due to consumerism in the age of information?

---

> Your choice of words illuminates your intentions.  This is
> self-promotion at our expense.

Yes this is a promotion, I do not want to hide this part of my intent.
But I do not see why it has to be at the expense of anyone. No one
should be shamed, thats why the presenter can use a fake pseduonymn
(hence anonymous discussion).

---

In a nutshell, you aspire to be Jerry
> Springer, with us as your "guests".

When Julian met Eric discussing web's relationship with society, neither
side thought of it as Jerry Springer (although entertaining to read),
but a way for us to understand our reality better.

---

> According to whom?  Don't you think your own opinion here might be
> biased?

Well, unbiased to the dependence of time, since the most recent articles
are shown first. I guess the curation is bias, because I wanted the
sources to be legit. If you can PM me with suggestions on how to make it
better let me know!

---

> "The two worlds"?  This is an overly simplistic and hopeless naive
> dichotomy.  Are you even aware of the split between "open source" and
> "free software"?[1]

Yes its an overly simplification, but discourse helps to understand the
strengths and weakness of both.

---

> I hope my comments satisfy your appetite for vitriol, as I for one
> won't be participating.

Hope you well in any regards. I rather not get involved in the debate
myself, but will try to be a good moderator as a bridge to be able to
connect both sides perspectives.

> [1] Bro, do you even rift?

Nah bro, i dont rift. But i wish i could.