[Noisebridge-discuss] Techno-Activism Third Mondays: Personal servers and Sandstorm, Tech and Hong Kong's Umbrella Movement

Danny O'Brien danny at eff.org
Sun May 17 04:47:50 UTC 2015

A mixture of local tech and global activism this month!

We'll be hearing a quick update from the SANDSTORM.IO team, a local start-up
that's building a usable and secure way to install popular server apps on a
personal, private machine.

And we'll be chatting with TA3M-SF favorite MELISSA CHAN, Al Jazeera's
correspondent in Beijing, the Middle East, and most lately investigating what
happened with the Umbrella Movement in Hong Kong. We'll talk about what it's
like to be targeted for digital surveillance, what on-the-ground activists use
to protect themselves, and what a modern grassroots activist movement looks
like.