[Noisebridge-discuss] Blacklights

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri May 1 22:46:30 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 02:35:50PM -0700, Torrie Fischer wrote:
> Anyone have a suggestion where in the city one could acquire a blacklight,
> preferably florescent? Need it for some glow in the dark painting so I can
> finish putting the fox lounge back together.

I have a UV flashlight off of amazon, they're sold as "pet urine
detectors".  You're welcome to borrow it for testing.

blacklight CFLs work pretty well and the bulbs are under $15 at Cole Fox
Hardware.  I go to the one on 4th St downtown but the one on Mission at
30th-ish is probably more convenient to 2169.

"blacklight" incandescent bulbs are crap, don't even bother.

-andy