[Noisebridge-discuss] Proposal to open Noisebridge at sunrise

kjs bfb at riseup.net
Sun May 3 06:39:58 UTC 2015

On May 2, 2015 10:09:27 PM PDT, Henner Zeller <h.zeller at acm.org> wrote:
>On 2 May 2015 at 22:04, kjs <bfb at riseup.net> wrote:
>

>> On May 2, 2015 7:09:42 PM PDT, Henner Zeller <h.zeller at acm.org>
>wrote:

>meetings
>> >format

>(non
>my
>> >code
>> >>

>https://github.com/lol84/rfid-access-control/blob/master/software/earl/user.go

>> >Unless I missed something, I think the discussion about this last
>item
>> >has
>> >not settled yet. Leave it at 11:00 for
>> >now until we have come to a conclusion.
>> >

>> I feel the problem here is the lack of a forum for lower case c
>consensus.
>

>the forum to quickly come to a lower case consensus would be the
>#security-wg channel on slack.
>

>> I am also confused on the outcome of this thread. I further feel the
>lack
>> of a forum brings docracy to halt.
>

>the forum _is_ slack.

Slack is a walled garden with an echo chamber effect. The self reinforcing nature of the beast is very conducive to clique consenses. Everyone is not on Slack, for good reason. Accounts are limited, access is guarded, we do not host the server, thus do not have control of the data transmitted. Of course,  Slack users' accounts were also once compromised.

The alternatives are Tuesday meetings, a working group meeting and discuss. This proposal was discussed at three meetings. My impression from the meetings was largely positive. I was surprised by the many concerns raised on this thread. Thank you all for the feedback.

I suggest we convene the security working group, perhaps Monday night, and empower the group to sort through the concerns raised and move forward with some implementation.