[Noisebridge-discuss] RIP Fox Lounge

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Tue May 12 17:22:09 UTC 2015

On 12 May 2015 at 10:11, Ceren Ercen <ceren at ercen.com> wrote:

> Henner, you are apparently missing some critical context here. Please
> replace that chip on your shoulder with this historical fact:
>
> Noisebridge was so full of amateur electrical work, much of which was
> horrendously  substandard, the space was shut down for an overhaul. Sulking
> about with defensiveness about "weehh, this is a hackerspace!" directly
> takes a piss on both the fundraising efforts and hours and hours of
> physical work that it took to get the space back up to a state where it was
> reopenable.

I was helping out in the reboot, I know. There was a lot of substandard
stuff going on in the past and cruft accumulates. There were probably
people working in the past on things they only marginally knew. As a result
some things were not according to building code rules anymore (though the
safety probably never was compromised).

I do happen to know the people and capabilities of people currently working
on electrical stuff, so I don't worry at all about any current work. It is
on par with a paid good electrician and better than an average paid
electrician.

-h