[Noisebridge-discuss] Fedora on the 3d printer

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Mon May 18 15:59:09 UTC 2015

The 3d printer computer currently has:

- Default boot to fedora
- replicatorg
- pronterface
- slic3r

You can't actually use pronterface with our flashforge creator, as it turns
out. The thing seems to not be speaking GCode(????)

That other Prusa, however, still needs a good plastruder built and put
together for it to work. I'm hoping I'll remember to kick off some prints for
it this week. Excited to get the RAMBo working with it finally.

If you are terrified of change and want to go back to Ubuntu, mash the down
arrow key at boot and pick the Ubuntu menu item. Admittedly, I haven't
actually tested dual booting so I could be talking out of my ass though I've
got faith that things worked out alright. Models and stuff will get copied over
from the Ubuntu system to the Fedora system "soon", along with shoving stuff
into the wiki.