[Noisebridge-discuss] 32C3 travel gathering + PGP/OTR/Signal/Pond key verification party! Dec 12th, 17:00, Noisebridge

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue Nov 24 08:52:42 UTC 2015

Thinking of going to Chaos Communications Congress and want to find some
travel partners? Miss your friends from NOPE village at Camp? Got a PGP
key you want to get signed? Trying to play that stupid game of key
verification with all the other crypto protocols that never seem to work
right? Have an itch to skinny dip a kiddie pool full of hackerspace made
hummus and have a Pond Bond? Well you're in luck, because we're having a
nerdy crypto get together party!

Noisebridge
2169 Mission St, 3rd Floor
2 blocks south of 16th St BART station
19:00 - 21:00
Bring your own beverage, and potentially share!

Some notes on key verification and signing:
- I'm too lazy to do that pre-share your key before the party thing.
- Before attending print out your key fingerprints/hashes on paper, cut
  into slips to hand out to others with any extra contact info you want
  to put on there.
- Folks are welcome to try to verify authenticity of identity whoever
  they want, but remember this is an anarchist in roots hackerspace
  and people do like to use synonyms. People who get huffy puffy over
  this fact of life will be asked to be excellent or gtfo.
- With the above point in mind, we recommend folks use "caff" or "CA
- fire and forget" to verify identity (because in the real world
  control of your email address is worth more than the government
  issued ink on your ID). You can read more about this method by
  Googling for "CA fire and forget", there's even a nice script to
  automate this process in the package signing-party.
- As always remember that unless you're running self forged,
  hand built open source hardware and have audited every single
  line of code you're running, crypto is total bull shit and the
  only way to keep something private is to keep it in your head.
  Now drink!

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net