[Noisebridge-discuss] Hosting Deaf Hack Day

Alan Fung-Schwarz alan at atomsign.net
Fri Oct 16 05:53:55 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the short notice of this email, but I would like to host a
deaf hack day this Saturday (2015-Oct-17) and I was wondering if it was
okay. It is likely to be a small group of no more than ten people, with one
person who requires a wheelchair accessible space. It looks like there are
some other events happening in the afternoon and later at 19:15, but
hopefully there won't be too much fighting for space. We'll happily leave
early if there are more people than expected.

Our history: We originally had an office (two of the deaf guys founded a
tech contracting business) where we hosted hack days, but now we currently
don't have a space (except for places of residence). Since we want to be
open to a wider community, I realized that Noisebridge would serve that
purpose admirably.

If you're interested in learning more, we have a Meetup group:
http://www.meetup.com/Deaf-Bay-Area/

It's an opportunity to experience an intersection of sign language and
technology.

--
Alan