[Noisebridge-discuss] (Good) Linux text to speech

John Adams jna at retina.net
Wed Sep 9 21:33:34 UTC 2015

I am surprised that no one has mentioned festival (or the closed source,
yet free for private use cepstral) TTS. There are some voices that are
reasonable for it but not great. espeak is pretty awful, imho.

Two other options for you that don't entirely fill your requirements but
could work for small jobs like announcing people.

Ivona (Excellent speech, requires signup for developers)
http://b2b.support.ivona.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/sign-into-Speech-Cloud/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Neospeech
http://www.neospeech.com/pricing
Free TTS as as service but 100 word limit per conversion.

-j