[Noisebridge-discuss] Offering small art grants for artwork on our blank walls

jarrod hicks hicksu at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 03:31:44 UTC 2015

I think that the work of the artists who work on the space is valuable
and it would be great if we could pay them for their work. I also
think it would be ideal if we could pay for the work of the
programmers, engineers, designers, marketers, managers, accountants,
lawyers, construction professionals, marketers, etc... who all work on
the space.

At the moment, I am uncomfortable with Noisebridge getting into the
business of deciding whose work in the space is worth paying for and
whose isn't.

Right now we get the best labor "that money can't buy" (to paraphrase
the motto of the public defenders).

This is of course something that people can pay for do-ocratically,
but I think that Noisebridge paying some and not others will lead to
tears.