[Noisebridge-discuss] Tor/Cypherpunk hack day at Noisebridge?

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Fri Aug 19 18:15:31 UTC 2016

Mike Perry:
> Hey Noisebridgers,
>
> I've been out of orbit for a looong time, but I've been observing your
> earth, and I would like to make a contact with you[1].
>
> I've been talking to Patrick O'Doherty and he suggested it would be good
> to try to set up some kind of regular Tor and/or general cypherpunk
> meetings or hack days at Noisebridge. I have a pile of projects I'm
> working on that may be interesting to folks, and I can also help get
> people up to speed with Tor development and build processes, how to
> write patches, and familiarize people with Tor codebases and Tor
> functionality for use in their own projects.

Hrmm. Was starting off by talking about specific projects too much?

Would people find it more useful if I started off with either some kind
of overview of the Tor design, tor.git module overview, or an overview
of interesting Tor design proposals that are currently pending? We're
working on revamping the Tor hidden service protocol and hidden service
path selection, for example. Some of that stuff could be prototyped in
python.

Or I could give a series of introductory talks on other random Tor
topics.

P.S. Thanks Zaki. I will get the projects you were interested in up
somewhere as soon as I can.

--
Mike Perry