[Noisebridge-discuss] Hoping to schedule an embedded device workshop

Michael noisebridge at encambio.com
Sat Feb 20 16:00:35 UTC 2016

Hello Mitch,

On fri., févr. 19, 2016, Mitch Altman wrote:
>This will be a great class!  Thanks for teaching it.

You're welcome. We'll have a second instructor from the leading
Bluetooth Smart manufacturer. I probably should keep that under
wraps until they have the chance to officially say yes. They're
quite happy that we can do this at the Noisebridge.

On fri., févr. 19, 2016, Trent Robbins wrote:
>The ruby class takes place in Church on Tuesdays. The Hackatorium is taken
>by meetings on Tuesdays.
>
>I agree that Turing classroom seems like a good location. PyClass used to
>use Turing on Tuesdays, and if no events are up on the wiki, then it's as
>good as empty.

Then I'm going for it, as you see on the main site and events page
there is a new entry as you recommended. If a nonalien would be so
kind to check the entry out, it would be very friendly. I couldn't
figure out how to enter the duration on the events page, so there's
no indication how long the workshop lasts.

https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Events
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Embedevelworkshop

>But, please add your class now on the wiki for either Church or Turing classroom.  You can change the wiki if someone let's you know where the Ruby class is.  Otherwise, your class and the Ruby class can work it out on the date of your class.
>
>Please be sure to publicize your class!  Please post to the Discussion and Announce email lists.  Adding it to our Meetup is also a really good idea.  Same for the Noisebridge Facebook page.  And, please consider writing a blog post about your new class on the blog.noisebridge.net page.

Yes, we'll do a bunch of stuff to publicize the class including your
suggestions. It will take a few days to get started since I need to
synchronize my efforts with my coinstructor, who might be persuaded
to give a sneak preview of scatternets and mesh features probably
going in the next Bluetooth spec. Hot stuff for anyone familiar with
2.4 GHz RF.

Cheers,
Michael