[Noisebridge-discuss] Accepting donations via ACH: want?

Patrick O'Doherty p at trickod.com
Tue Jan 12 21:54:06 UTC 2016

hey folks,

Stripe just launched the ability to accept payments with ACH. Currently
we use Stripe to accept credit card donations on the
donate.noisebridge.net site

are there folks who'd be interested in using ACH instead of credit cards
for donations / dues? The two main benefits are:
  1) lower fees for us
  2) no dealing with expired credit cards.

https://stripe.com/blog/accept-ach-payments is the stripe blog post,
which also shows a demo of the signup flow for this whereby you
authenticate your bank account with the donations site.

just curious to get a measure of interest before I write this into the
codebase; if folks don't want it then I'll not bother.