[Noisebridge-discuss] Heat press not functional, repair help needed.

Kyle Ng ng.kyle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 23:29:43 UTC 2016

The last time I used the heat press it was perfectly functional, but some
people wanted to use it recently and found that it was not heating up nor
displaying the temperature.

They removed the fuse and dropped it on the ground, breaking it. I went to
buy a new fuse today. The old one had the markings F25A250V. However, I
could only find a 25A 32V fuse at O' Reilly's so I went ahead and put that
in. No luck and same symptoms.

I opened up the back to see if anything was visibly melted but I couldn't
find anything wrong. I think the temperature controller is messed up.