[Noisebridge-discuss] Impulse trip down to Vandenberg to see the latest SpaceX launch tomorrow (Sunday)?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sun Jan 17 04:15:29 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 03:31:52PM -0800, Danny O'Brien wrote:
> could always be postponed or cancelled for non-weather reasons, but
> remember: we do these things not because they are easy, but because they
> are hard

I'll be driving down tomorrow morning on my own (due to logistical
reasons I can't take any riders along).

My plan is to watch from Providence Landing park just north of Lompoc:

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.692256,-120.4702384,18z

This park has a great view across the valley to the launch site and
always has a ton of locals.  Sometimes the Air Force Rock Band comes out
to play!  For traffic management, you may be directed to park a few
blocks away and walk down to the park itself.  Once you're in the
subdivision everything is within reasonable walking distance, so don't
worry about it too much... but don't be late, rockets launch on time or
not at all.

-andy