[Noisebridge-discuss] laser cutter status?

Zach R organicunity at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 17 04:40:08 UTC 2016

I've posted on the laser cutter a number of times and essentially did the bulk of recent repairs. Status is we are missing the controller board and the company wants $400 - end of story.  After that it needs calibration, a good examining of water and air pumps and a lot of TLC for screws and crap that are missing.  I repaired the main power board (at least it lights up correctly now).  Honestly, this thing looks like it went through a war and I vote for getting a new one.  If we got the same model we could use this for extra parts and save $$$$.  There's one for $1,500 on sale.  People have recommended others too.

-Zach