[Noisebridge-discuss] Papers, Please

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 14:39:53 UTC 2016

+1!

Thanks for the much needed update that reduces confusion for people wanting to be a Member or Philanthropist of Noisebridge.

From: rubin at starset.net
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 09:42:46 -0800
To: tdfischer at hackerbots.net
CC: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] Papers, Please

These are great Torrie. Thanks!
On 20 January 2016 at 01:08, Torrie Fischer <tdfischer at hackerbots.net> wrote:
Hi, Noisebridge.

I've missed you and I'm looking to rekindle the sweet sweet romance we

once had. You know, the one where I would invest a near infinite

quantity of love and care into you with 5mof, building infrastructure,

herding cats, and all the other things I did and in exchage succumb to

crippling burnout and an absolute hatred of everything you once meant

to me and complete avoidance of the family we shared together.

(sorry <3)

I'm better, more experienced now and have decided to set some better

boundaries this time around. Once a week at most, probably on a

tuesday, so I can roll on in during the last 15 minutes of a meeting,

shit in the wood shop with the lights on, and swoop on out as graceful

as can be.

Tonight I dropped a bomb on y'all. I've updated the membership form to

take in feedback from various discussions and thoughts we've all had in

the last ~1.5 years since The Reboot.

https://noisebridge.net/images/7/75/Noisebridgemembership.pdf

This includes a couple of subtle changes that I feel are the current

consensus of Noisebridge. I'll leave the discovery of them as an

exercise to the reader.

Additionally, I've formalized the old form for Philanthropy:

https://noisebridge.net/images/0/06/PhilanthropistPledge.pdf

Its got some more pop to it and is also in landscape orientation to

make it completely distinct from the portrait orientation of the

Membership form, as if that will actually ever stop people from filling

out the wrong one.

Both have been uploaded to the wiki. All traces of the old versions

have been consumed by wasps and declared Unknowable, with any use

subject to a penalty of lots and lots of grump from Yours Truly.

Any complaints can be brought up to me in person whereupon we'll go

have a drink across the street at Noisebridge West and I'll kindly

inform you that you're no longer welcome at Noisebridge, as goes the

way of all starry-eyed hopeful contributors at The Noisebridge.

(Just kidding, you can email me or hit me up in slack or IRC)

[sources for the forms are latex and will be added to a github

repository soon]

Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

Rubin
rubin at starset.net