[Noisebridge-discuss] Secheduling a Cryptography Talk at Noisebridge on 4 August

Peter Schwabe peter at cryptojedi.org
Fri Jul 15 01:32:03 UTC 2016

John Shutt <john.d.shutt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Peter,

Hey John, hey all,

> When you’ve decided on a date and subject for a talk, I can help get
> the event up on the wiki and Meetup page.

How about "Post-quantum crypto" as a title (that leaves quite some
freedom)? The evening of August 4 would be perfect; just let me know
when to be where. Do you need an abstract?

> > More interested in hearing about post-quantum forward secret
> > protocols like CECPQ1 and the hybrid tor Handshake.

I'm certainly happy to also talk about that, but it won't fill a whole
talk. In fact, it is not clear to me how to do post-quantum
authenticated key exchange properly (we're currently starting to look
into this with a few people). Obviously there are multiple ways to do
it, but there is (as far as I know) no construction that only needs one
simple building block like (pre-quantum) DH.

Cheers,

Peter