[Noisebridge-discuss] Two Linksys WRT54GL routers to give away

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Tue Jun 28 02:01:57 UTC 2016

Cleaning up my electronics box I found two Linksys WRT54GL v1.1
routers that I don't need any more. Both are in working
condition...kinda, so there's some backstory here:

At one point in the past both routers stopped working, i.e. they would
not boot any more, or only boot halfway and then stopped. One of them
could be resuscitated with some reset magic[0] and it appears to work
again, including Wifi and all. The other one I gave up on...but tried
again to reset a few weeks later and it booted just fine and just worked,
and is still working.

Both are running on "Tomato by Shibby"[1] (v1.28, IIRC), because OpenWRT
stopped building their newer releases for this router (or I couldn't find
an image); you may want to upgrade to a current release of course.

So, if anyone wants these devices, let me know and I can drop them off at
Noisebridge, otherwise they'll go to meet their electronic maker.

C.

[0] https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wrt54g#kamikazewhite_russian_recovery
[1] http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26/
--