[Noisebridge-discuss] Regarding the Prior Statement from Noisebridge

Jeffrey Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 01:34:55 UTC 2016

That's a really great post. Thanks for writing it and putting it out there.

Jeffrey

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 5:17 PM -0700, "Rubin Abdi" <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

We had a number of people ask us the process which we went through to churn out our previous statement regarding Jacob Appelbaum. It involved many of us feverishly collaborating on an etherpad living in an Sandstorm instance for almost a week. The original document we drafted up started as a personal post I had begun to write. What we ended up posting was put together after realizing the community really needed a more direct statement than a letter sharing tales and emotions from Noisebridge's Age of Myth.

After posting what we put together as the statement, I decided the earlier-longer draft was still helpful and relevant. I've spent the time since then working on it and have published it to my own site as it's personal enough where I don't feel it's appropriate to post here in its entirety (or anywhere on the wiki/blog). However I'd like to share a link to the post for the community. Maybe some of you can find it as useful to read as it was useful for me to write it.
https://rubin.starset.net/2016/06/21/re-accounting-oral-histories-as-a-method-of-processing/
--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net