[Noisebridge-discuss] Flashforge issues

miloh miloh at froggytoad.net
Tue May 17 10:02:40 UTC 2016

TL;DR both the clone printers have new firmwares and ICs that work and
allow a greater degree of control and communication via octoprint. I
replaced the atmega8u2 on the black printer with atmega16u2 I had handy.
Keep using the sd cards for running prints -- but now choose to queue up,
preheat, and nuevo demoscene via responsive web interface.

Today I spent some time popping off and replacing just a single crappy
broken m8u2 off a clone clone of a late stage capitalist early century
plastic printer which is something i really wanted to do/dont ever want to
do again. Note the chip i replaced was a m16u2 but any good old hex files
from the 8u2 is sure to fit on that thing its just got a bit more flash
that's about it ( and besides only 4 or 5 or  6 pins are even used on this
IC even though it could function as a good deadmans switch  watchdog for
the motion controller atmega1280 running our overtone-rich Sailfish)

At this stage of functionality we can actually move on so you can hook up
the printers to a web server like octoprint, or to a little iot apparatus
dirt motes that just run mongoose and prints calibration cubes or yodas
some shit.

There are some repair-type things happening to these machines that aren't
published here and also aren't on https://wiki.noiesbridge.net/printers so
please communicate what you are doing if you work with these machines...If
you do some work on the machines, be sure to 1) leave a note about what you
are doing 2) join in discussion here  3) update the wiki. Even just a
sticky post it is better than piles of screws and parts on a table, OK?

Lastly plz plz dont print with abs in the space yall i know some funny
people that lost all their charm and humor from breathing those gases.

thread s getting dank with nuance

regards,
r. miloh alexander