[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker Who Exposed Steubenville Rapists May Get More Prison Time Than Rapists

Zach R organicunity at hotmail.com
Mon May 30 21:40:54 UTC 2016

Thanks for sharing the article, I thought it was something very powerful and good to share.  We con often times lose track of what goes on "in the heart of america"

I believe part of the original posters intention ( or at least the article ) is to highlight the amount of sexual abuse going on these days, the way it is covered up by officials and schools, and how it is an overall *huge* problem in our culture.

" If that's the case, then it's *very* important to
note (as your original source (and many other sources) failed to) that
the rapists were minors and the "hacker" was an adult."

I don't think it's that important at all.  In any case, it says these were people from a high school football team, so it can be easily deduced that the perpetrators are minors.  Nevertheless, the statute of limitations on rape in this country is a paltry 5 years.  Meaning, if a victim / survivor takes more than 5 years to tell someone (very common with traumatic experiences) the law will not take an *adult* rapist into custody.

also, a rapist already on parole that fast is a joke- minor or not.  and "check-ins" with the sheriffs department is also a joke.  What is important here is not just the laws being used to attack an activist, but that they are being used to *the full extent possible* to attack the person who leaked important info, and *not* to the *full extent possible* to the people that committed the crime.  This is a blatant use of legal favoritism and is the reason for this article being spread so widely.  Snowden, Manning, and others are another example of this behavior on the part of law enforcement.