[Noisebridge-discuss] Explore Hubzilla for Noisebridge community site

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:55:32 UTC 2016

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for writing.  Even though it's not easy to describe your project, could you please give it a try?

I just went to the website, and saw that I needed to register to get a demo -- and since I am already weary of creating logins, I'm disinclined to create a new one for something I don't yet know is useful for me.

But, if you can explain what Hubzilla is, and why it is useful for Noisebridge, I may want to go through the time and effort.

Also, if Hubzilla is open source, please let me know (along with what is and is not open source about Hubzilla).  If Hubzilla is open source, then it is more possible that Noisebridge or other hackerspaces will adopt it if you can create a way to easily explain why it is cool for us (and other hackerspaces).

Cheers,

Mitch.