[Noisebridge-discuss] mx brown switches in salvage

jim jim at well.com
Wed Sep 21 02:53:38 UTC 2016

     When the IBM PC came out in late 1979 (which
cost something like $3K for the bare-bones, 8K
RAM model), some people were surprised that it
didn't use the well-designed Selectric keyboard
from the IBM typewriter.
     I was until smart people explained that IBM
did not want to risk that the PC would eat into
their profitable typewriter sales.
     Turns out that today we can buy Selectric
style keyboards for our computers; prices range
from about $50 to over $650.
https://posmicro.com/part/9575/g84-4100lcmus-2?src=PMSH&gclid=CNbAzrC6n88CFU9qfgod2QoEEg